Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chocolate Tasting With seventypercent.com




















Last night I attended a chocolate tasting event ran by seventypercent.com to help with research for my negotiated project at uni. The event was really useful in that it confirmed that there are groups that join together to enjoy really pure chocolate and enjoy discussing it. I also got to learn a lot about how to taste chocolate and that I should take time in this process by smelling it first and letting it melt on my tongue. I got to sample very expensive chocolates from companies such as AMEDEI and VALRHOMA which had very long lasting flavour notes and so possibly worth the extra cash. It was great to find out about the growing trends in chocolate and how people are now a succumbing to a small piece of excellent quality chocolate compared to a slab of cheap sugar loaded rubbish. London in particular has noticed trend with large department stores selling high quality bars with the regions the cocoa has grown in. London has also seen a growth in small chocolatiers opening their doors to this market.

No comments:

Post a Comment